Age of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Age of War

The world was at peace... until now.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Meeting With an Old Friend

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nox Eternus
Admin
Admin
Nox Eternus

Character sheet
Race: Cursed Human
Name: Nox Eternus
Class: Necromancer

Meeting With an Old Friend Empty
PostSubject: Meeting With an Old Friend   Meeting With an Old Friend Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 7:18 pm

Although the current Arch Mage rarely went outside of the Tower of Magi, he sometimes had to in order to get special supplies only arranged for him. Today on this rare occassion, he was to meet an old friend, Proffessor Helsef, an Elven Alchemic Master. The Arch Mage had to renew some of the Circle of Magi's more unique properties for the Magi's Alchemists, which were all top-notch, however, none ever seemed to match the skill of Proffesso Helsef. The two had met during Nox Eternus's earlier days in the Circle of Magi, as a Wizard. Ever since then they have supplied eachother back forth. The Arch Mage had a few Squads of Shadow Guards hidden throughout the Arch Mage's perimeter. Not one of these Shadow Guards were a few feet away from the Arch Mage's position due to some indirect Security reasons. It would be much easier for the Shadow Guards to overlook everything, and then approach, then simply respond to a diect approach, and possibly be killed in the proccess. The Arch Mage trusted their protection, for he had created them himself, already he was a Genius of the Black Arts, it had only taken him 273 years, and pursued improving and creating more Spells that would benefit his ultimate cause.

As he walked through the Town Center, trying to reach Helseth's caravan many Civilians and Vanguards had been observing him. Most of the Civilians had a frightful expression on their face, and possible Vanguards were simply cautious, and certainly well-aware of his presence. He was more of a Legend amongst Civilians and those that live in the Capital, only because he very rarely showed himself in public, and this was part of the reason why. Eventually, he reached the Caravan, there was Proffessor Helsef, preparing his imports, to soon become exports. He travelled all across the Land, possibly the Destroyer's continent itself somehow, he had Alchemic supplies no other Alchemist has obtained, possibly ever heard of. He was truly a wondering Alchemist, the best of the times. Right when Helsef noticed the Arch Mage he turned around, the Sun was bright, and it was hurting Nox Eternus's pale skin, the Alchemist could tell. "Come on in, Nox." The Alchemist welcomed Nox Eternus happily. Nox Eternus stepped up, into the caravan, now that he was in the shade, beneath the caravan's roof, he was feeling more comfortable. "So, what is it you have in stock on this rare occassion, other then the materials I had asked for?" The Arch Mage asked curiously. "Well, let's see then!" Suddenly the Alchemist kneeled down, and began looking through his materials. In the midst of this, he stretched out his arm, and pointed out the Arch Mage's requested materials. In exchange, the Arch Mage pulled out a load of currency, and placed it within the safety of the Alchemist's caravan, the Arch Mage pointed out the currency, just to be sure Helsef was aware of it.

The Alchemist pulled out all kinds of strange material. All had sparked the Arch Mage's interests. With each new material, the Arch Mage had questioned its origins, and how it was obtained, what it had been through. Helef would politely answer all his questions. Soon enough, roughly after about an hour or two, the Arch Mage had finally gathered all his supplies, and enjoyed the little time he was able to spend with the wondering Alchemist, his dear friend, Helsef. He stepped down from the caravan, ready to begin leaving.
Back to top Go down
Naked Serpent
Naked Serpent

Character sheet
Race: Human
Name: Serpent (Codename)
Class: Archer

PostSubject: Re: Meeting With an Old Friend   Meeting With an Old Friend Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 7:52 pm

Serpent continued pacing towards the Town Center in CQB stance, he finally arrived at the markets in the town center he was looking around for any suspicious activity and grabbed a mans shoulder and asked, "Have you seen any odd creatures around the Town Center" the man looked at Serpent in an awkward facial expression "Yea, who hasn't, head south to that weird alchemist that comes by every once awhile in his caravan" the man replied. Serpent didn't have time to question why the man was so calm about seeing creatures in the Town Center, but followed the directions the man gave him until he arrived at the Caravan, he aimed his Crossbow in a ready to fire stance until he got close enough to see the minions, Serpent laid down his weapons, "So your the one with the creatures, serves me right for listening to a paranoid rookie" Serpent got out his pipe again to relieve some stress and took a few puffs, turns out the creatures where the Archmage's minions. Serpent looked at the Archmage "Sorry for the inconvenience, items are on the house" Serpent said in an apologenic manner, he figured he could use some alchemy ingrediants as well, he was running low on sleeping powder anyway.

Last edited by Naked Serpent on Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Morrigan

Morrigan

Character sheet
Race: Destroyer
Name: Morrigan Warren
Class: Ink Mage

PostSubject: Re: Meeting With an Old Friend   Meeting With an Old Friend Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 3:48 am

Morigan was heading towards a Caravan for two reasons. One was to get more ink and two was to get information. She was in her illusion form becuase she took control of him in this form even though she didn't think anyone else would be there. He wished to be the worlds best alchemist along with a few small more personal favors. It didn't matter to him he though that Morrigan was an old family friend. When she got to the caravan she was shock to see two other men and some sort of gaurds there. She atill walked close and put her innocent artist plan into effect. "Excuse me please." said Morrigan innocently and shyly. "Just need to go in and buy some ink and other art supplies." She waited for one of the men to answer. She hoped it was the man at the door. She hadn't seen both of these men before so she decided to be extra careful.
Back to top Go down
Nox Eternus
Admin
Admin
Nox Eternus

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Meeting With an Old Friend   Meeting With an Old Friend Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 10:18 am

Before Nox Eternus could leave however, he had bumoed into Serpent, secretly the Vanguards Omega. Serpent had aimed his gun at the Arch Mage, but, was completely unaware for a moment that the figure he was aiming at was the Arch Mage. Due to his lack of awareness, Serpent felt he should make it up to the Arch Mage by paying for his Items. "It is fine Serpent, it isn't neccessary for you to pay for the Circle of Magi's supplies, we are on good terms however, and this proves it." The Arch Mage replied. After uniting with the Omega, a young woman had approached Helsef. Apparently two of Ferein's Leaders were in her way. She seemed hasty, and a bit clumbsy even. It was suspicious, because she had informed both the Arch Mage and the Omega that she was only here to buy ink and art supplies. However, the only Ink she'd find here, would be powerful Ink with magical properties. Most likely, she was simply an innocent woman, who didn't want to get involved into any trouble. It was strange that a beautiful Elf like herself would even communicate with Nox Eternus, for every other Citizen feared his presence. The Arch Mage had also suspected she was foreign because of this, also, she seemed completely unaware that Nox Eternus was the Arch Mage, which only supported his suspicions of her. Already this Elf was a fishy one.
Back to top Go down
Naked Serpent
Naked Serpent

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Meeting With an Old Friend   Meeting With an Old Friend Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 1:24 pm

The Archmage forgave Serpent honorably for the misinterpretation, after they had a short conversastion however, a young female Elf approached the same caravan The Archmage was purchasing items from, she acted a bit strange almost as if she knew that the two of them weren't very trustful of strangers, so she oddly told the two what she was doing their, Serpent didn't really have any interest why she told them what she was doing however, he still felt it was awkward that the young Elf told two complete strangers why she was at the caravan, it made her seem almost paranoid. Serpent could tell the Archmage felt the same way, due to Serpent's ability to interpret facial expressions which he acquired during his scout training for the Vanguards. Serpent pulled out his pipe and began taking a few puffs as usual, then removed the pipe from his mouth holding it tightly in his hand. Serpent turned to the Elf, "We know why people come to shops, you did'nt need to tell us why you were here however, it's suspicious that you did tell us, so my only question is why did you tell us in the first place?", Serpent waited for the Elf to answer his question as he placed the pipe back in his mouth and took some more puffs.
Back to top Go down
Morrigan

Morrigan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Meeting With an Old Friend   Meeting With an Old Friend Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 3:49 pm

"It's because this is a shop for mages and i'm not a mage so people would think it weird that i go to this shop." said Morrigan shyly. "I'm an artist and the ink that ink mages do works better then normal ink and is easier to use." Morrigan shifted shyly. She lied her way out of things tougher then this but these two made her nervous. She sifted her hold on her ink and other supplies. She waited for one of them to answer.
Back to top Go down
Nox Eternus
Admin
Admin
Nox Eternus

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Meeting With an Old Friend   Meeting With an Old Friend Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 4:28 pm

"You lie, Elf. I know an Ink Mage when I see one. Besides, Helsef doesn't sell his goods to just any Customer, and Artists are unable to paint with the Magical Ink, unless they are trained with it... So, you must have some training with the skill." The Arch Mage said insightfully. He was able to tell when one was lying or not, this Elf she was clever, and it was unlike Elves to lie in the first place, they had a strict code of goodness, honor and wisdom, not deception. However, he couldn't reach any conclusions, afterall, at the moment, this Woman was simply a Rogue Ink Mage, strange for a Rogue Mage to be in Ferein, the 3 Factions supplied the people with wealth, and since the Arch Mage knew she wasn't apart of the Circle of Magi, just being able to afford Helsef's goods was very suprising. The Elf had intrigued the Arch Mage strangely. "Where are you from, Elf?" He asked, he would've referred to her by her Class, however, she seemed to want to keep it to herself, so, he referred to her by her Race instead. The Arch Mage waited for a response from the woman.
Back to top Go down
Naked Serpent
Naked Serpent

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Meeting With an Old Friend   Meeting With an Old Friend Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 4:50 pm

Serpent agreed with the Archmages judgement, he too knew their was something this Elf was hiding from the two of them. However the Archmage ended his brief judgement with a welcoming question to make the situation less awkward for the young Elf, Serpent didn't care though, when he dosen't trust someone it remains that way. Incidents in his past of betrayal had made him more experienced in learning who to trust and who not to trust. However out of curiousity Serpent remained with the two, hoping to listen and learn more about this outlander Serpent continued smoking his pipe.
Back to top Go down
Morrigan

Morrigan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Meeting With an Old Friend   Meeting With an Old Friend Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 5:14 pm

He men were getting to her. "W-why do you a-asked?" said Morrigan nervously. "But if you must know a small a small farming town east of the southern coast. I paint for money." She sighed. "Why are you asking me this?" said Morrigan "Can a girl make a living? Or is it to much to do now a days." She moved her supplies again to get a better grip on them.
Back to top Go down
Nox Eternus
Admin
Admin
Nox Eternus

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Meeting With an Old Friend   Meeting With an Old Friend Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 5:20 pm

"Interesting. Who introduced you to the Ink Mage Class? It is quite a graceful job, since I expect your Art to be quite beautiful." The Arch Mage replied, he smiled slightly, it made things just a bit akward. "Hmm... Are you in Ashford City to sell some of your creations?" The Arch Mage questioned her, he was simply curious as to what such a pecuilar woman could be doing in Ferein, she was obviously a Foreigner, and most Farming Towns isolated themselves from the prosperous, urban regions of Ferein. The Arch Mage folded his arms into one another as he waited for the woman to respond. He was hoping that adding a bit more to the subject brought up would lessen her cautiousness around the Omega and the Arch Mage.
Back to top Go down
Naked Serpent
Naked Serpent

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Meeting With an Old Friend   Meeting With an Old Friend Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 7:41 pm

Serpent listened to the two converse, he overheard them talking about art, Serpent turned to the two after taking the pipe out of his mouth. "Art, a simple way to remove yourself from the world, the only art I was ever interested in was the art of combat" Serpent than placed his pipe back in his mouth and began taking puffs as usual, just a few moments after however he removed the pipe from his mouth and began speaking again "If you ask me I think she's making a story up, look at her hand, her palms are sweating; she studders in response to our questions; and if you look closely her eyes twitch", Serpent was able to jot down a few physical evidence that the girl was lying to them still due to his skills in observation, Serpent was taught that one can learn much simply by looking at their expressions intentively, still she was already feeling awkward so Serpent stopped pointing things out about her. Serpent paused after he made the observation and then continued talking, "But, just out of curiousity what pictures do you paint?" Serpent asked as he placed his pipe back in his mouth.
Back to top Go down
Morrigan

Morrigan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Meeting With an Old Friend   Meeting With an Old Friend Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 5:16 am

She answered the older one first. "I sort of stumbled on it myself." said Morrigan. "I bought a vile of ink from here and a bird that I drew after just came off the page and flew. That's the only remotely close thing to a spell I've ever done haven't been able to do anthing else after that." She then answered the younger one. "Combat isn't an art." said Morrigan statng her opinton. "And I draw what ever people what ever people will buy. I sell pre painted stuff and requested stuff. You name it Ive probably painted it once or twice. I'm up here to paint some landmarks are animals maybe people if people ask. I've learned if you bring paintings of landmarks of differnt places people will buy them for what ever reason.
Back to top Go down
Nox Eternus
Admin
Admin
Nox Eternus

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Meeting With an Old Friend   Meeting With an Old Friend Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 7:10 pm

"Interesting, perhaps you will have the potential to take on the role of an Acolyte in the Circle of Magi?" The Arch Mage offered. "Our instructors could teach you how to better your skills, and truly become the Class you appear to be." He added. "It is up to you to par-take my offer or not, however, you can trust me when I say that your skills would increase in level. I sense much potential in you." Much that she already knows how to use... He thought to himself, behind his words. "I'm sure you can see how helpful this offer would be for you... None in Ferein would refuse such a job oppurtunity." The Arch Mage waited for her to respond. He waited patiently, his arms still folded, and his stance, tall. He appeared quite intimidating as he looked down on the woman.
Back to top Go down
Naked Serpent
Naked Serpent

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Meeting With an Old Friend   Meeting With an Old Friend Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 7:45 pm

Serpent grunted in response to the Elf when she had told him "Combat isn't a form of art" Serpent greatly disagreed and in response he told the girl, "Perhaps the reason why you think combat is not a form of art is because you have never experienced it" Serpent said as he pointed at her. The Archmage offered the young Elf a posistion in the Circle of Magi, Serpent disagreed with his actions but didn't question his motives. "I have to return to the training plaza, the rookies aren't going to train themselves" Serpent said as he began walking away from the two, "See you around Archmage" Serpent said, he also turned to the girl but only grunted in distrust.

OOC: Serpent has left the thread
Back to top Go down
Morrigan

Morrigan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Meeting With an Old Friend   Meeting With an Old Friend Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 7:52 pm

"Oh wow." said Morrigan acting surprized. "I could be a Mage?!" Morrigan though it over. The scary part was that she was actualy thinking about it. "Its a great offer and could change my life." said Morrigan. "But ilwhat if I missed my simple life. What if I can't paint as much as I want or paint what I want at all. Morrigan continued to think it over. "I thank you for the offer but I'm going to have to turn it down. I live my quiet peaceful life." said Morrigan "Its what makes me happy."
Back to top Go down
Nox Eternus
Admin
Admin
Nox Eternus

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Meeting With an Old Friend   Meeting With an Old Friend Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 8:02 pm

"Farewell Serpent." The Arch Mage replied, he could tell that the Omega was feeling uncomfortable around the Elf, he knew that the Omega sensed alot of suspicion as well, most of the vibes the Arch Mage was getting off the cool Soldier was his mistrustfulness. Serpent began walking away calmly. The Arch Mage wasn't suprised when the Elf refused his offer, this only added on to his suspicions. "I understand." He said calmly, as he placed his right arm on her left shoulder gently, as a farewell notion. "If you decide you want to join, I will find you again." He said before he left. He lifted the palm of his hand off the Elf's shoulder, and turned around slowly as he walked away. "Farewell Helsef." He said, waving slightly as he got further and further out of sight. What the Elf wouldn't know is that when Nox Eternus placed his hand on her shoulder, he had given her one of his markings, a curse called Balbutio. Everything was done and planned carefully, now he'd know wherever she went, and would be able to communicate with her from anywhere. He was out of range now, his Shadow Guard followed, but only in the shadows.
Back to top Go down
Morrigan

Morrigan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Meeting With an Old Friend   Meeting With an Old Friend Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 8:09 pm

Morrigan didn't like when the Mage touched her. She her instincts were telling her he did something. But she didn't feel differnt and when she check there was nothing there. She couldn't figure it out. So sighed and decided to head back home and call it a day. She turned around and walked away.
Back to top Go down
Nox Eternus
Admin
Admin
Nox Eternus

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Meeting With an Old Friend   Meeting With an Old Friend Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 8:15 pm

(OOC: Yeah, so when you are first affected by Balbutio, you won't start noticing a Mark until time starts going by, for now, you don't have one. Later, it will start getting more noticeable. Nox Eternus already left the Thread as well.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting With an Old Friend   Meeting With an Old Friend Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meeting With an Old Friend
Page 1 of 1